Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sonoma ~ Cows ♥ Cheese ♥ Hot Springs


This past weekend, I received an unexpected surprise.  My Mom decided to pop into our area and requested a visit.  Since she was staying at one of my favorite places of all time, of course I had to rush to meet her.



She stayed at the Fairmont Mission, which is gorgeous.  Built on a hot spring and dated back to early 1900's, this hotel is a perfect example of Nor-Cal Mission style. 

 




 
The hotel also had wine barrel Adirondack chairs that I am completely obsessing over.  I am going to see if Rob can be persuaded into giving them a try.  They would look amazing in my yard.
 
 


We had so much fun at the hotel, even though only there for the day.  And getting a few minutes exploring one of my favorite cities was a bonus.

We ate at the Cheese Factory, practically a landmark.  Dating back to the 1930's this  adorable deli had the best Panini that I have eaten in a while.  We also hit up Harvest Home and I scored a double dose of bovine.  Harvest Home is a must stop while exploring.  It has such clever, country finds.  Just the perfect dose of wine country rural.  I had an amazing day and that says a lot considering we didn't even stop at a vineyard for a tasting.



 

 
 
Doesn't my cow painting look great?
And look, there is a small peek at my buffet that I need to unveil and also my gorgeous amethyst from the Gem Faire.   Ignore the light, it still needs to be hung and then I can do the reveal.  You'll love it, the room is coming along so nicely.
 
xoxo
~Shelby
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment