Saturday, May 10, 2014

Backsplash Install or An Adult Version of Tetris

Rob and I grouted and then promptly un-grouted until all hours of the wee morning last night. 
After what seemed like eternity of cutting and sticking and engaging in an adult version of Tetris, we got our backsplash installed and lookin' mighty fine.  But after applying the grout, it was drying lighter than the color on the label?! It was at that point that I started displaying symptoms of DIY gone awry PTSD.  Needless to say, a 2am  meltdown ensued and as usual Rob was to the rescue helping me remove a whole wall of unwanted grout. 
And because we had so much fun yesterday, we get to repeat the whole grouting process.  But this time we won't be newbies.
"Wax on, wax off." I should be karate master/tile professional in no time at this rate! Feel me to call me when I set up shop for all of your martial arts and tile laying needs.

But, there is good news. We I (I'm not entirely sure Rob is on board yet) now feel confident we can remove all old grout in the shower when we update the master bathroom hence re-grouting the existing and spending more on important things like faucets and tubs and other shiny things.  Ooh, I already feel a project cloud developing.  So, even though this was a semi-epic fail in the end I think my bathroom will be finished sooner. 



Before
 I really had hoped to share the final reveal, complete with all the detail work done, but you will just have to wait a little longer for that! I will keep you posted, I promise. 


After
 

No comments:

Post a Comment