Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teacher Valentines 2013

My children's teachers are very special to me.  I have entrusted them with my little babies/monsters for a huge chunk of this school year.  And because they work so hard, I like to remind them throughout the year how great they are.

One such reminder is Valentine Day.  While most kids are getting sugar infused love, our family prefers to treat our teachers with a little more grown up love.  We usually make a special treat...like chocolate covered strawberries or cheesecake filled strawberries to warm the adult hearts. Added to this grown up sugar uphoria this year will be illustrated notes from me with a nice handwritten note from the kids.

Let me share with you the final illustrations:

 
One of the teachers adores frogs and vampires.  What better way to show her love than to combine the two?

 
The other teacher has called her class the tiger family, so a tiger teacher and a cub are perfect.  


Now here is a little behind my illustration process.

I rough sketch these babies out and load them into illustrator (after cleaning them up first) and color away.  Add a few background details and voila, cute little custom cards that teachers will love!

Rough sketch.  This is my brainstorming step.


 
Updated sketch.  I clean up and add color before final art is drawn and added to illustrator.




After this, the magic happens in the computer.   I think that they turned out so cute.  I can't wait to surprise the teachers on V day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment