Friday, September 28, 2012

Bomb Baby Illustration

Baby Bomb Print
This baby with a bomb is my first assignment from my illustration class.  I think it turned out so fun.  It was a great learning experience.  I used acrylics on this piece and put on many, many layers.  It was a new technique for me, but I can't wait to use it in the future.

I just wanted to share a little of the process it took to create the Bomb Baby. Going for a "Gerber Baby" look, I wanted the power and cold strength of the bomb to overwhelm the maturity and development of the baby.  He clearly has no idea what he is playing with. 
 
 
 
First idea.  Rough drawing of baby with notes about content wanting to portray.
 
 
Cleaning up the lines and transfer to illustration board.
 
Photo of finished work

And for the really exciting part.  Being inspired, yay!  I love it when that happens!
 
Here is a sample of the a few "baby bomb" ideas that came rollin' right out after the first illustration was finished. 
 
 

A little nutty, for sure, but I am an artist. And the kids love them. I can't wait to share them finished! 

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment